Get to Know Jennifer Asay
I am Jennifer Asay, a proud Basking Ridge resident since 2007. My husband, Derek, and I have been married for nearly 28 years. We are the parents of four children and three dogs. My active family includes 2015 and 2018 Ridge graduates as well as a 3rd grader and 1st grader at Oak Street School. My family is proud to represent adoptive and transracial families.
I am a first-generation college student, graduating with Distinction from Purdue University with a B.S. in Pharmacy in 1994. I graduated from The University of Chicago Booth School of Business in 2003 with a M.B.A.
Because of my passion to help patients, I have worked in the biopharmaceutical industry for over twenty-five years in a variety of cross-functional leadership roles. Currently, I lead the US launch and global development of a treatment for a rare liver disease with no FDA approved treatments. I enjoy leading diverse teams, leveraging my scientific and business acumen. For more details on my professional career, please see my Linkedin profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/jasay/.
I am a long-term volunteer and leader in multiple organizations including Bernards Township-specific, youth activities, pharmacy related, and women’s leadership as listed below. I have also volunteered in numerous other capacities including helping other parents of special needs children, veterans at the VA Greenhouse, the NJ Metro Chapter of the National MS Society, and as a member of a local church.
Bernards Township Specific Organizations
• Bernards Township Board of Health,
(2012 to present). Vice President
• Bernards Township Planning Board
(2018 to present). Vice Chairwoman
• Bernards Township Republican Municipal Committee (2013 to present). Executive Board 2014 Recording Secretary
• Girl Scouts, Cookie Mom (2003 to present)
• Girls on the Run Coach (2021 to present)
• Destination Imagination (2008 to present). Coach and treasurer
• Great Oak Ski and Board Club
(2011-2014, 2019 to present). Ski advisor
• Recreational Sports Coach – baseball, soccer, and basketball
• Team Mom – basketball. Track
• Oak Street School: Pet Day Chair 2009-2001, Created School Supply Kit program in 2009
• Families with Children from China – Northern New Jersey (2014 to present)
• Camp Friendship NJ China (2020 to present)
• Purdue Pharmacy Dean’s Advisory Council Member (over 15 years)
• Preceptor – (2012 to present) University of the Sciences Outstanding Preceptor of the year 2019-2020
• NJ Women’s Network to Network Consortium Leadership Team Member (2012 to present)
• Mallinckrodt Women in Business (2018 to present)
• Women Inspiring Sanofi Excellence (WISE) North America Co-Lead of ERG (over 1800 members) 2005-2017
• Sanofi Global Gender Balance Network – Steering Committee Member (2012-2017)
I will continue to utilize my extensive business, data-driven and leadership experience for our town, when elected as a member of Township Committee. My fourteen plus years of town service demonstrate my passion for and commitment to Bernards Township.
Having raised two Ridge graduates and currently with two children at Oak Street School, I am personally invested in the present and future of our community. I will maintain the excellence of the town’s governance by ensuring the key principles of fiscal conservatism and personal liberty while maintaining our town’s character for all. I will support efficient local government that maintains the high-level of service our residents currently have and deserve.
I will proudly represent all residents in our community. I will seek input and listen to fellow residents and ensure transparency in my continued service to Bernards Township.